Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow Day Fun!

Yep thats right, even grown-ups get snow days in the mountains. At least you do when they close the roads so you can't actually drive in to work. I have to say that is one of the incredibly nice things about working for an IT department. We have the ability to work from any computer, so instead of dealing with the white out conditions, I could monitor my e-mail from my phone and spend most of the day having fun. And oh what fun we had.

Early this morning Jay and I took Jaxson and Atlas out to the park across the street so that they could play in the snow. Its so funny how much our dogs love to run around in the stuff. Here are some pictures from our fun at the park 


Jay thought standing under the tree
would protect him from the snow....
...but it didn't protect him from this
snowball I hit him with...
it stuck to his back :)
  
Isn't the park all covered in snow pretty!

Jaxson and Atlas ruined the pristine
snow look pretty quickly.
Atlas' first snow day ever!




My sad little snowman...I know its hard to see but he is there!
 
After fun time at the park, the puppies and I group cuddled and relaxed with some Madagascar. We definitely looked like a little pack laying all together on my bed. Though that may not be a good thing when Jay and I actually decide to spring for a bed that is more than a futon mattress on the floor.

Jay and I also finished our Thanksgiving day preperations today with some shopping for the last few ingrediants on our list, and then a trip to Scheels to pick up my race day packet for the 10K Turkey Trot I'm running Thanksgiving morning. Neither of us had ever been to Scheels and the only thing I knew about it was it was a giant sporting goods store. Well guess what...it is a sporting good store that sells some kickin' homemade fudge. How awesome is that?! It also has cool displays of outdoorsy stuff all over the place. Here are some pictures Jay and I thought were cool:







Of course the day had some hiccups. We got home from the store and realized that a pipe under our sink was leaking grossness all over the place. But luckily I have an awesome boyfriend who cleaned everything up for me. All I had to do was rinse out rags in the bathtub and start the wash when it was all over. Who can complain about that?

All in all it was an awesome day. And now I am going to go curl up with a good book and my boys on the couch! Happy snow day all!! 

1 comment:

  1. Hope the race went well, and great pics!

    Matt L.
    scheels.com

    ReplyDelete