Sunday, November 7, 2010

Outside Looking In

Its a strange feeling, realizing that your more of an outsider than an insider in your own group of family and friends. Now when I peruse Facebook I see inside jokes between siblings, high-school friends hanging out together, and great friends moving on in life far far away from my own.

I know it is my own fault. I chose to go to a school across the country from my friends and family.And of course when we all graduated from college we went our separate ways, me especially far away to Reno. But it doesn't seem fair. On TV you always see the friends who move in together after college, and are like a surrogate family to each other. That sounds so nice.Why can't I at least have that? Instead I live in a state where I know pretty much no one. And even the people I know I wouldn't feel comfortable calling up and seeing if they want to hang out.

Now  don't get me wrong. I love living with Jay and my two puppies. I mean look how cute they are together:

But I do miss having friends to hang out with and talk to on a regular basis. While Facebook has made it easier to keep in touch with people it has also made it easier to see how all those people you wouldn't have kept in touch with are doing. Life seems like it has suddenly become a race, and I am falling far behind the pack.

1 comment:

  1. I moved far away too! And I wish I was closer to you because I'd hang out with you all the time and our puppies could be friends too!

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete