Saturday, November 20, 2010

Joining the Unperfects

My friend Sarah, recently posted about celebrating the unperfectness of our lives, and I thought it was a great idea. I know my posts have been negative recently and this one doesn't seem like it would be adding any happiness, but actually I think the unperfect parts of life are the most interesting and fun. And though they provide stress, I am happy that my life isn't just a fairytale ending. I like the blood sweat and tears that make up my life.

So here it goes 10 things that make me so far from perfect:

1) I hate taking my dog on walks. I know that sounds terrible, but its true. He doesn't walk easily, and its so boring to just walk around the neighborhood. Of course if I had trained him better when he was a puppy I'm sure he would walk like a pro, but I didn't. And so instead he is constantly pulling, rips my arm out of my socket if he sees another dog before I have a chance to brace myself, and sometimes thinks its a great idea to try and take the leash away from me.

2) I have only run 7 times since I finished my marathon in July. Thats right, I trained for 6 months, and now have lost a huge amount of the gains I made because I've had no drive to run. When people at work ask me, I try and make it sound like I've been keeping up the running, but I haven't. Just last Sunday was my first run since the marathon that was longer than 3 miles.

3) I am way in debt. Be it student loans, loans from my parents, a car loan, or credit card, its going to take me 2 years of severe austerity just to get myself down to only having my student loans. And thats only if I am super good about sticking to my budget. Which means no fun trips, no skiing, no nothing. I don't know if I am going to be able to do it, but I really want to.

4) I'm jealous of married couples. I know I say I don't care and don't want to rush into marriage. But sometimes thats complete bull.

5) I burn food more often than I don't.

6) I spend most weekends in my pjs. Sometimes I get the energy up to actually make myself presentable, but it just seems like such a waste of time. I never go anywhere besides the store it seems and who cares if I am in sweats at the store?

7) I've wanted to write a book since 7th grade, and so far have only made it through the first page of about 3 different attempts. I just have no imagination it would appear.

8) I don't care about watching basketball. Sure I talk a big game about how basketball is the best sport in the world, but I honestly don't really watch until March Madness usually. Jay who thinks basketball is one of the worst sports watches more of it than I do.

9) Since I was 6 weeks old, I've never been outside of the United States. I've always wanted to travel to Europe, Asia, really everywhere but I never follow through on my dreams. I don't have the willpower to actually commit and save for anything.

10) Even though I know how to eat healthy, given the choice of a cheeseburger or a salad, I'd probably pick the cheeseburger 95% of the time. And of course the next day I feel fat and gross, but it doesn't matter the next time I'm given the choice I would still pick the cheeseburger.

There you go. I am sooo far from perfect. But the funny thing is, I actually had to think hard to come up with 10 things that aren't perfect in my life. Despite all of these things, I have a really great life. And it feels good to look my baggage in the face and say, you will not drag me down. Despite you I am happy!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! Thanks for posting this!! I was the same way as well ps- it took me forever to think of something hard to write down haha!

    ReplyDelete