Wednesday, August 24, 2011

High School Health Class Scarred Me for Life

And no not in the way that you're probably thinking. I actually managed to be sick the day they showed "The Miracle of Life". So my issues with pregnancy, labor, and babies are all of my own making. However, I was there the day that my teacher told us to see if we could make our thumb and pointer finger touch when we wrapped them around our wrist bone. (Kind of like the whole seeing if your hands can reach when you hug someone but with your wrist...) This seems innocent enough but trust me it so isn't. Apparently healthy non-fat people were supposed to be able to have their fingers not only touch but overlap a bit. I however could not even get mine to touch.

Ever since this day I have lived in constant fear of the frist. You know what I am talking about, the wrist version of a cankle. Its completely irrational because even now when I weight 10lbs more than I weighed then I know I am not at risk for either. Despite this I still find myself subconsiously grabbing my wrist just to check that my fingers still touch. (Yes I can touch now, though still no overlap. Somehow while gaining 10 lbs my wrists got skinnier? Or maybe my fingers got longer?) I just realized this today when I was sitting at my desk and had for the 5th time checked to make sure my fingers were actually touching. They weren't yesterday. Maybe I ate too much salt that day?

Thank you 10th grade health class.

1 comment:

  1. HaHaHaHa! This made my day. Funniest thing ever. Dont get pregnant. WORK KANKLES EVER. I wouldn't wear short skirts or shorts no matter how how it was. The day I could see my ankle bones Adam bought me dinner hahah!

    ReplyDelete